Are you passionate about grants? Are you looking for a position which offers you flexibility while using your skills to help serve the mission of nonprofits, school districts, and institutions of higher education? Assel Consulting is accepting applications for part-time and full-time Grant Associates and Grant Specialists. These positions require focused, energized, and self-motivated individuals able to work out of their own home, with some travel to client locations occasionally needed.
Grant Associates and Grant Specialists are primarily responsible for developing grant proposals and reports based on information from clients, internal information, and research. These positions work in coordination with directors and executive staff to support nonprofits, school districts, and institutions of higher education through the grants process. They must understand and be constantly adapting to multiple clients’ needs and situations.
- Research local, regional, and national grant opportunities;
- Review potential opportunities with internal management staff and clients;
- Coordinate and submit proposals, applications, and reports on a timely basis;
- Attend meetings with clients and funders;
- Maintain client and company records of grant activities;
Required Knowledge and Skills include:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to listen and to translate information appropriately for proposals and reports;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of individuals-both nonprofit clients and internal staff;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks in order to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated track record of setting and achieving goals;
- Ability to exercise initiative, work independently, and collaborate with others;
- A basic understanding of the nonprofit community; and
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or comparable professional training
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Previous successful experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- GPC, CGMS, or other credential preferred
Ideal applicants will have knowledge of best practices in grant writing, strong grammar editing skills, a proven track record of preparing and submitting successful grant proposals and reports, and experience with government grants.
Assel Consulting offers flexible scheduling; competitive wages; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; and matching retirement contributions, as well as extensive networking and professional development opportunities.
Assel Consulting is an industry-leading consulting firm based in Kansas City, MO specializing in grant prospect research, proposal creation and application, grant management, and training for nonprofits, school districts, and institutions of higher education. The Assel Consulting team is a highly efficient, expert team of experienced grant writers and researchers who specialize in private and public grant programs in areas as diverse as human services, arts, education, and healthcare research. Together, the team has secured more than $135 million over the last 13 years alone for local, regional and national clients.
- Cover Letter (1 page, 1” margins, 12pt Times New Roman) describing your passion for one or more of the following: writing, grants, or nonprofits.
- Contact information for three professional references
- Salary Requirements (hourly if part-time, annual if full-time)
Be prepared to:
- Provide a writing sample
- Summarize a five-page case statement into one page
- Find spelling, typing, and grammar errors
- Describe your career plan and professional development philosophy